Physical Manifestation
It is something so innocent.. yet it has manifested into something that somehow is causing physical pain.
I'd like to think that I am over my divorce case, yet, how can it be the sound of the ice cream bell ringing cause me physical pain?
How is it that I can feel my heart tightening and hurting?
My mind is set. I have been looking forward towards the future. I have been putting effort to carry on. Haven't I?
My heart shouldn't waiver.
...
Dear Khai..
This is a not a sign that you haven't move on.
It's part of your healing process. The event of the ice cream man ringing his bell triggered a memory within you. It may have contained sweet memories but what's left of it is a wound. The wound will close. If it's too deep, it will leave behind a scar. But scars aren't bad. They will remind you of what to avoid in the future. It's a learning lesson for you. It's for you to become a better person.
It's okay to feel hurt, but it's not okay to stop moving forward. Stay strong. Love yourself.
Comments